Students of higher education institutions can search for the books they need for their studies on the RNIB Bookshare service. The service is not available for those requiring professional literature. The service is free to use for Celia audiobook users. Books available through the service are primarily in English.
Search for your course book on RNIB Bookshare at www.rnibbookshare.org. There is no preview account available for the service.
If you find the book you are looking for, contact Celia via secure email to receive your personal login information.
- Attach proof of your right to study to your email. Proof of your right to study could be a printout of your information on WebOodi or a photograph or photocopy of a student ID that has a current academic year sticker attached. The student ID must indicate which higher education institution you are studying at.
- Choose one of the reading impairment options (required information when signing up to RNIB Bookshare:
- Dyslexia-related or learning-disability-related
- Physical disability
- What level of degree are you completing? Available options:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree or doctorate
- The service is only intended for current students. If you want to continue using the service, please send proof of your continued right to study at the beginning of the autumn term each year.
Celia provides account login information via email. To protect your privacy, you are not registered on the service under your real name. Once you have received your login information from Celia via email, log in to RNIB Bookshare and go to My Homepage.
If you forget your login information, please contact Celia’s customer service.
Listening to a book
Books may be available in one or more forms on RNIB Bookshare. You can find the formats that are in use here. You can view the formats your book is available in on RNIB Bookshare once you have received your login information from Celia.
How to listen to books is explained on RNIB Bookshare’s website.